I personally like Sandals Royal Caribbean more, but we may have different tastes so read on to see which one you may choose.
Sandals Montego Bay
- Situated close to the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, this resort is known for its convenient location and vibrant atmosphere. It is so close to the airport that you regularly hear the planes flying above your head during the day.
- Sandals Montego Bay is known for its lively and energetic vibe. It’s often recommended for travelers looking for an active and sociable experience. With that said, there are very calm areas of the beach and a calm pool, with a lively pool and hot tub area with a swim-up bar where the parties happen.
- It boasts a spa, multiple restaurants, bars, and swimming pools and a wide range of water sports and recreational activities.
- The resort has one of the largest private white-sand beaches in Montego Bay and it is easy to find a chair most of the time.
- The rooms and suites may offer a variety of luxury amenities and views. There are newer buildings with swim-up suites and more traditional ocean front buildings as well.
Sandals Royal Caribbean
- This resort is also located in Montego Bay, but it’s a bit farther from the airport compared to Sandals Montego Bay. You still hear plane noise, but much less than at Sandals Montego Bay.
- Sandals Royal Caribbean is known for its more tranquil and sophisticated ambiance. It is often favored by couples seeking a romantic and serene setting.
- The resort is known for its unique offshore private island, which offers an exclusive beach and additional dining options as well as a clothing-optional beach.
- It also provides a variety of restaurants, pools, and leisure activities.
- The resort has a private beach and the additional offshore island provides more beach space and seclusion.
- Sandals Royal Caribbean offers a range of rooms and suites, including Over-the-Water Villas, which provide a luxurious and unique lodging experience.
- Both resorts allow guests to “Stay at One, Play at All,” meaning that guests can enjoy the amenities and dining options at both resorts regardless of where they are staying.
- Both resorts offer luxury inclusions, such as gourmet dining, premium spirits, water sports, entertainment, and more.
Sandals Royal Caribbean vs Sandals Montego Bay: My Pick
So I personally prefer Sandals Royal Caribbean, mostly because I like the more relaxed vibes. The private island has a pool with a swim-up bar and two restaurants. For lunch, you can go to the jerk shack and for dinner there is a Thai restaurant, my favorite of all the Sandals Resorts. I also enjoyed the Indian restaurant and afternoon tea.
Montego Bay was a lot of fun when we wanted more dining options or a more party vibe. We really had a blast when we wanted too.