In the last year, we have visited every Sandals Resort. Along the way, the most frequently asked question is always, what is the best Sandals Resort?
So first we will share our top 5 Sandals Resort, then share a few other options based on location and other things you might be looking for.
How to choose the best Sandals Resort
Finally, it’s always helpful to speak with a travel agent who specializes in Sandals Resorts, as they can provide additional insights and help tailor your vacation to your specific needs.
Your budget is going to have a huge effect on which Sandals you choose. From under $200 a night per person to over $1000 per night per person, you can find the best Sandals resort for you with a variety of options.
Check Current Travel Deals
When looking at prices, make sure you check current specials before deciding which Sandals Resort is best for you. Each week there are new specials on 7 different suites, there are always last-minute deals and they have seasonal sales as well.
Are you a beach person or a pool person? Do you want a pool with a party vibe or a quiet pool where you won’t be disturbed? You’ll want to keep this in mind as you review each resort.
Sandals Resorts have some of the most unique accommodations available in the Caribbean. There are overwater bungalows, rooms with private pools, and amazing views. You can find rooms in the middle of the action or secluded away from everything.
When choosing you Sandals Resort you’ll want to check the location. How far is the resort from the airport? How long will the flights be to arrive? Some of the resorts are within 15 minutes while some will take 90 minutes of windy roads. The location will have a huge impact on the overall feel of your Sandals vacation.
Sandals Resorts Ranked
Sandals Dunns River
Recently added to our list is Sandals Dunns River. Sandals’ newest resort has gotten great reviews from early visitors and we agree. The resort is full of improvements over the traditional Sandals concepts. For example, there are three specialty bars with unique craft cocktails. The food is better at the unique dining concepts and the service was top-notch.
The pool is river-style with one swim-up bar. Of course, you’ll want to visit the Dunns River Falls nearby during your stay.
- Location: Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Highlight Features: New and reimagined resort with new food concepts.
- Suitable For: Travelers seeking modern luxury in a romantic Caribbean resort.
Sandals Grenada (Pink Gin Beach, Grenada)
For us, Sandals Grenada is the best all-around resort. It is located near the airport, has great food, has a quiet pool and a more lively pool with a swim-up bar. All of this is made better with great staff and a beautiful island to explore.
- Location: Nestled on Pink Gin Beach.
- Highlight Features: Known as the “Island of Spice,” this resort brings contemporary luxury to the unspoiled landscapes of Grenada. It boasts stunning pools, waterfalls, and innovative accommodations such as SkyPool Suites and Rondoval Suites.
- Suitable For: Couples seeking a mix of natural beauty and modern luxury, with a touch of exotic island flair.
For me, Sandals Grenada is the best Sandals Resort because it is a well rounded resort with something for everyone. It have a quiet beautiful beach, a quiet pool, and a more lively pool during the day. There is a variety of excursion options and the food is high quality.Dan Bagby
Check Current Deals
We know that price may have affected your choice of what Sandals Resort is best for you. Before you book, check out the latest deals on Sandals Resorts.
Sandals Grande St. Lucian (Gros-Islet, St. Lucia)
In a close second for us is Sandals Grande St Lucian. The resort is located on our favorite island in the Caribbean and has a very calm beach perfect for relaxing or trying our motorized water sports. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from and the service is top-notch.
The only reason it is not in the top spot is because of the distance from the airport.
- Location: On a peninsula adjacent to Pigeon Island National Park.
- Highlight Features: Offers panoramic views, overwater bungalows, and Rondoval suites. The calm waters are ideal for water sports.
- Suitable For: Those wanting a beachfront experience, water activity enthusiasts, and honeymooners or couples desiring overwater accommodations.
Sandals Regency La Toc (Castries, St. Lucia)
Also on Saint Lucia is Sandals Regency La Toc. The resort is very large with two distinct areas. We prefer the quieter sunset bluff area which has a pool with a swim-up bar and sunset views. The beach is one of our favorites, but that is because we like a beach with some waves, while a lot of people prefer a calm beach.
- Location: Set on 220 acres with a dramatic oceanfront cliff setting.
- Highlight Features: Home to the Sunset Oceanview Bluff Millionaire Butler Villa with Private Pool Sanctuary and its executive-style golf course.
- Suitable For: Golf enthusiasts and travelers seeking an upscale, glamorous experience combining beachfront and hillside environments.
I’d have to pick Sandals Regency La Toc as the best Sandals Resort. It may be far from the airport, but we had a blast getting there on the ferry boat. The service was great and there was plenty of food options. Would definately return!Michelle Burnett
Sandals Royal Plantation (Ocho Rios, Jamaica)
Sandals Royal Plantation is the smallest Sandals Resort and it is polarizing. Most people love the intimate feel. They have the best service since there simply are not that many people around to serve. The beach is calm, relaxing and a clear blue water. After you have enjoyed Sandals Royal Plantation you can go to the nearby Sandals Ochi which is much larger.
- Location: Situated on the northern coast of Jamaica.
- Highlight Features: An all-butler, all-suite boutique resort known for its intimate setting. Offers afternoon tea and is the only Sandals with both a private cove and an overwater bar.
- Suitable For: Couples looking for a more exclusive, peaceful, and personalized experience.
Sandals Royal Barbados (St. Lawrence Gap, Barbados)
Sandals Royal Barbados has something for everyone. When combined with Sandals Barbados next door, the resort is huge. There are plenty of dining options, a beautiful beach, multiple pools to choose from, and fun activities. The resort is a short drive to the resort and the people of Barbados are some of the most friendly in the Caribbean.
- Location: Adjacent to Sandals Barbados in the lively St. Lawrence Gap region.
- Highlight Features: Features a contemporary design with state-of-the-art facilities like the rooftop pool and bar, a gourmet donut shop, and a four-lane bowling alley. Home to Skypool, Swim-up, and Millionaire Suites.
- Suitable For: Travelers seeking modern luxury and unique amenities in a lively Caribbean destination.
Each of these Sandals Resorts offers a unique experience based on its location, design, and offerings. The best fit for a traveler will often depend on personal preferences related to ambiance, activities, and desired level of luxury. However, all five ensure the high standards of luxury, service, and all-inclusive amenities that the Sandals brand is renowned for.
What is the best Sandals Resort for honeymoons or romance?
Choosing the best Sandals Resort for a honeymoon depends on the preferences and desires of the honeymooning couple, as each Sandals Resort offers its own unique charm and romantic setting. However, several Sandals Resorts are often highlighted as favorites for honeymooners due to their romantic ambiance, intimate settings, or unique offerings. Here’s a rundown of some of our top picks:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian (St. Lucia):
- Why it’s romantic: Located on a stunning peninsula, this resort offers breathtaking views of both the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. The over-the-water bungalows provide an immersive romantic experience, with direct water access and unrivaled privacy.
- Special features: Over-the-water bungalows, scenic views of the Rodney Bay, and the historic Pigeon Island.
- Sandals South Coast (Jamaica):
- Why it’s romantic: This resort is nestled within a 500-acre nature reserve and offers an extensive 2-mile beach. The over-the-water bungalows and heart-shaped overwater bar add to the romance.
- Special features: Over-the-water bungalows, a serene setting away from the crowds, and a unique heart-shaped overwater bar.
- Sandals Emerald Bay (Great Exuma, Bahamas):
- Why it’s romantic: Its location on the out-island of Great Exuma provides an exclusive feel. The mile-long beach with powdery white sand and crystal-clear water is a dream come true for honeymooners.
- Special features: A championship golf course, marina, and stunning beach.
- Sandals Royal Plantation (Ocho Rios, Jamaica):
- Why it’s romantic: This all-butler, all-suite boutique resort offers unparalleled intimacy and service. It’s perfect for couples who seek a more personalized and quiet experience.
- Special features: Ocean-view suites, afternoon tea service, and a private cove for beachgoers.
- Sandals Grenada (Grenada):
- Why it’s romantic: This innovative resort is located on Pink Gin Beach and features stunning pools, waterfalls, and unique room types like the SkyPool Suites.
- Special features: Romantic fire pits, infinity-edge plunge pools in certain suites, and lush gardens.
- Sandals Royal Barbados (Barbados):
- Why it’s romantic: Offering the latest in luxury accommodations such as Skypool Suites and Rondoval Suites, this resort ensures a lavish and intimate experience.
- Special features: The Caribbean’s first rooftop pool and bar, beachfront whirlpool, and a four-lane bowling alley.
Remember, the best Sandals Resort for your honeymoon will depend on your preferences—whether you prioritize seclusion, activities, luxury, or unique features. It’s always a good idea to discuss your priorities as a couple, review recent guest feedback, and maybe even consult with a travel specialist to ensure the chosen resort aligns with your dream honeymoon experience.
What is the best Sandals Resort for foodies?
If food is as important to you as it is to us you will find great options at every Sandals Resorts, but Sandals Barbados, Royal Barbados, Montego Bay or Royal Caribbean at the best overall for foodies.
Another new option is Sandals Dunns River. While it does not have a ton of restaurants, the ones that are there are new concepts with delicious food.
Sandals Royal Caribbean & Sandals Montego Bay
One of the prime benefits of staying at Sandals Royal Caribbean is its proximity to Sandals Montego Bay. Guests of the Royal Caribbean are granted full access to the Montego Bay resort’s restaurants.
We loved Royal Thai which offers a unique dining setting that requires a boat ride to the island. The server encouraged us to try as many menu items and they were all delicious.
The Bombay Club was equally as impressive with delicious food and amazing service.
Beyond these specialty restaurants, Sandals Royal Caribbean offers an array of other dining options, ensuring that every palate, whether craving Italian delicacies or Caribbean staples, is satisfied. You’ll find Butch’s Steakhouse, Kimonos Hibachi Grill, and tons of other options between the two resorts.
Sandals Barbados & Sandals Royal Barbados
When you stay at one of the two Sandals in Barbados, you can easily walk to the other within 5 minutes to enjoy the restaurants at both.
Both sides offer great options, but Sandals Royal Barbados houses our favorite restaurants. The newest restaurant is The Greenhouse, a farm-to-table concept with fresh ingredients. Chi was another one of our favorites with Dim Sum and other Asian specialties.
For breakfast, there are tons of options from donuts, crepes, a la carte restaurants, or buffets.
The sheer variety, authenticity of flavors, and innovative concepts like farm-to-table dining ensure that guests are always in for a culinary delight. It’s not just about satiating hunger; it’s about embarking on a gastronomic voyage of discovery.
What is the best Sandals Resort for beaches?
Sandals Resorts are sprinkled across some of the Caribbean’s most pristine beaches. If you are looking to enjoy a beach during most of your time on vacation, here are the top 5 to help you narrow it down.
1. Sandals Emerald Bay (Great Exuma, Bahamas): Emerald Bay offers one of the most captivating beaches in the Bahamas. With its powdery white sands stretching over a mile and crystal-clear waters, it’s a haven for beach lovers. The water here is tranquil, making it perfect for both relaxation and water sports.
2. Sandals Grande St. Lucian (St. Lucia): This resort is uniquely positioned on a peninsula, so guests get to experience both the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. The beaches are spectacular, offering panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and the historic Pigeon Island. The water is calm, so you can even do motorized water sports while you are there.
3. Sandal Royal Plantation (Ocho Rios): The beaches here are simple, but you can count on calm clear water. What sets these beaches apart are the service. It is the best Sandals Resort where you can stay on the beach all day and know you will always be able to get food and drinks served to you.
4. Sandals Negril (Jamaica): Located on the famous Seven Mile Beach, this resort boasts one of Jamaica’s most beautiful stretches of coastline. The beach’s long expanse is perfect for romantic walks, sunbathing, and water activities. You can start your day at breakfast with your feet in the sand and end your evening with a beautiful sunset.
5. Sandals Grenada: This beach is small, but was my personal favorite. The swimming area is enclosed by rocks, providing for fun snorkeling off the beach. There are occasional waves which keep things interesting and the water is beautiful.
What is the closest Sandals Resort to an airport?
No one likes flying for several hours to then be on a long transfer to the resorts. Here is a table of the best Sandals Resorts if you are looking one that is close to the airport.
|Sandals Montego Bay
|Just a few minutes
|Sandals Royal Caribbean
|Approx. 10 minutes
|Sandals Royal Bahamian
|About 15 minutes
|Sandals Emerald Bay
|About 10 minutes
|Sandals Grande Antigua
Some people find Sandals Montego Bay to be too close to the airport since the planes can be noisy flying above. You will also notice any of the Sandals in Saint Lucian are not on the list above because they are a long drive from the airport. If you want a quick commute with them, consider a helicopter transfer or take a boat ride that is still 90 minutes, but much more enjoyable than a windy road.
What is the cheapest Sandals Resort?
Going to a Sandals Resorts is never cheap, but there is a huge price range.
Among the Sandals Resorts, the following are often considered to be more affordable options:
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort (Ocho Rios, Jamaica)
- Sandals South Coast (Whitehouse, Jamaica)
- Sandals Negril (Negril, Jamaica)
- Sandals Antigua (St Johns, Antigua)
- Sandals Halcyon Beach (St. Lucia)
Keep in mind that current promotions can have a huge effect on what different Sandals Resorts cost. You can check them here.
What is the best Sandals Resort in Jamaica?
Choosing the “best” Sandals Resort in Jamaica largely depends on individual preferences, as each offers its own unique experiences and amenities. However, I can provide an overview of the top Sandals Resorts in Jamaica, highlighting their distinctive features:
- Location: It’s the flagship Sandals property and is located very close to the Sangster International Airport.
- Highlights: This resort boasts an energetic vibe with a private white-sand beach, numerous pools, and a variety of restaurants. Being the first Sandals resort, it has a unique charm, and the location makes it ideal for short transfers from the airport.
- Location: Also in Montego Bay, this resort is a short drive from the airport.
- Highlights: It offers a unique offshore private island experience with a Thai restaurant. The resort has a mix of traditional Caribbean and British colonial architecture. It’s known for its tranquility and the over-the-water bungalows, which are a luxurious treat.
3. Sandals Negril:
- Location: Situated on the famous Seven Mile Beach in Negril.
- Highlights: If beach quality is a top priority, this resort is hard to beat. It’s perfect for sunbathers, beach walkers, and water sports enthusiasts. The atmosphere here leans towards laid-back and relaxed.
- Location: This Ocho Rios resort is located near Dunns River Falls.
- Highlights: Brand new resort with river-style pools and a beautiful stretch of beach. New restaurant concepts perfect for foodies.
- Location: Found in Ocho Rios.
- Highlights: This sprawling property offers a mix of beachfront relaxation and hillside villas. It’s well-suited for guests who prefer a lively atmosphere, with numerous pools, restaurants, and bars. The resort also has a golf course.
- Location: Nestled in a secluded 500-acre nature reserve.
- Highlights: This resort offers an over-the-water bar and romantic over-the-water bungalows. It’s perfect for couples seeking serenity and seclusion. The heart-shaped overwater bar is a highlight.
- Location: In Ocho Rios.
- Highlights: This is an all-butler and all-suite boutique resort, ensuring personalized attention. It’s the most intimate among Sandals’ offerings in Jamaica and is ideal for those looking for a quiet, luxurious, and pampered stay.
Finally, it’s beneficial to check the latest reviews and perhaps even speak with a travel agent familiar with Sandals Resorts to get the most up-to-date and personalized recommendations.
What is the best Sandals Resort in Barbados?
Find the accommodations that work best for you. In general Sandals Royal Barbados is newer and the rooms are all club lever or butler level. Sandals Barbados will be more affordable.
What is the best Sandals Resort in St Lucia?
Its hard to say what is the best Sandals Resort in St Lucia because they are all so unique. Below is how we rank them and why to give you context to help your decide.
- Sandals Regency La Toc:
- Location: Located in Castries, it’s set on 220 acres with a dramatic oceanfront cliff setting.
- Highlight Features: Known for its “Sunset Oceanview Bluff Millionaire Butler Villa with Private Pool Sanctuary,” this resort has its executive-style golf course. The resort has two distinct areas and is very large. The beach has more waves and current than the other two Sandals in Saint Lucia.
- Suitable For: Everyone, unless you are looking for a calm beach or water sports.
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian:
- Location: Situated on a peninsula adjacent to Pigeon Island National Park, it offers panoramic views and overwater bungalows.
- Highlight Features: It boasts a sheltered mile-long beach, and its location provides calm waters ideal for water sports. The overwater bungalows and rondoval suites offer a particularly luxurious experience.
- Suitable For: Beach lovers, water activity enthusiasts, and honeymooners or couples looking for overwater accommodations.
- Sandals Halcyon Beach:
- Location: In Castries, this resort is the smallest and most intimate of the three.
- Highlight Features: It’s known for its tranquil ambiance and the recently added beachfront honeymoon butler suites with private pools. The resort has a garden-like setting and a laid-back vibe. It is also the most affordable of the three.
- Suitable For: Those seeking a serene, romantic, and intimate environment.
What is the best Sandals Resort for Seclusion?
If you are looking for seclusion there are a lot of options for your.
If you are looking for a small resort, Sandals Royal Plantation can not be beaten. If you are looking for a suite that provides for a secluded environment, Sandals South Coast has overwater bungalows and rondoval suites with private plunge pools.